Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Registered Nurse in the Intermediate Medical Care Unit, care for patients who need a moderate level of attention. Patientsâ, in this unit, arenât as self-sufficient as those in standard in-patient rooms, but they are not as critical as those in the Intensive Care Unit.
Intermediate Medical Care Unit/IMCU RN Responsibilities:
- IMCU nurses treat patients who are suffering from serious conditions, such as diabetes mellitus, electrolyte imbalances, renal failure, liver failure, gastrointestinal bleeds, blood disorders, cancer, sepsis, respiratory distress or multi-system organ failure
- The IMCU RN assess each patientâs needs individually and collects relevant data, such as temperature, blood pressure and pain levels, according to the facilityâs prescribed procedure.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of each patientâs status in accordance with the facilityâs requirements.
- Perform physician prescribed treatments in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times
- Evaluate patientâs response to care and initiate independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
- Perform other patient interventions described by the patientâs individualized treatment plan.
- Provide individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Prepare equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- (Login to view) for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE (Login to view)
is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference! Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!