Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Med-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patientâs medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- (Login to view) for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a regional nonprofit healthcare system that services the Virginia area, this 108-private patient room facility, is home to a well-known Heart Center and Cardiovascular Pavilion, which is a national benchmark facility for cardiac care. This facility is also a Level II Trauma Center, providing emergency and critical care services to more than 92,000 patients per year.
Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and along the banks of the James River, Lynchburg is the fifth largest city in Virginia, also known as the “City of Seven Hills”. Lynchburg provides a wide variety of historical museums and sites to visit as it was the only major city in Virginia that was not captured by the Union before the end of the Civil War. Along with the various historical attractions Lynchburg is home to a vibrant and lively nightlife catering to the many options of fine dining and exquisite bars that line the banks of the James River.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE (Login to view)
is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference! Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!